Fri, Jul 29|
3738 Posey Hollow Rd
Maryland Wear and Carry Course
2 Day/16 Hour Wear and Carry Permit Training
Time & Location
Jul 29, 2022, 3:00 PM – Jul 30, 2022, 5:00 PM
3738 Posey Hollow Rd, 3738 Posey Hollow Rd, Berkeley Springs, WV 25411, USA
About the event
Wear and Carry Permit training is 16 hours of instruction for an original application. The approved training is offered by a Qualified Handgun Instructor and will include instruction on state firearm law, home firearm safety, handgun mechanisms and operation, and a component that requires the applicant to demonstrate gun safety and proficiency with a minimum score of 70% accuracy.
Designated security personnel (security guards, private detectives, special police, and armored car drivers/guards) must shoot a practical police course of at least 50 rounds, from no further than 25 yards and score at least 70% accuracy.
All other applicants must shoot a course of at least 25 rounds, from no further than 15 yards and score at least 70% accuracy.
Day 1 will consist of classroom work done via Zoom or other appropriate platform. Day 2 will consist of practicals and qualifications conducted at the range.
Who needs to take the training?
Every original application and renewal application submitted after October 1, 2013, unless exempt. If you are any one of the below you are exempted. You have successfully completed a firearms training course given by a Qualified Handgun Instructor
- You are an active law enforcement officer with a law enforcement agency of the United States, the State or any local law enforcement agency in the State.
- You are a retired law enforcement officer with a law enforcement agency of the United States, the State or any local law enforcement agency in the State.
- You are an active, retired, or honorably discharged member of the armed forces of the United States or the National Guard.
- You are a Qualified Handgun Instructor registered with the Maryland State Police.
- You have successfully completed a firearms training course given by a Qualified Handgun Instructor (The on-line firearm safety course is no longer accepted).
Prerequisites: None needed
Round Count: 150 Rounds
Weapon Requirements: Serviceable handgun with minimum two magazines
Equipment Requirements: Eye and ear protection
Livescan Finger Printing can be done by American Identity Solutions https://www.marylandfingerprint.com/
COURSE COMPLETION DOES NOT GUARANTEE MARYLAND WEAR AND CARRY APPROVAL
- Ticket type
MD Wear and CarryPrice$325.00
+$8.13 service fee+$8.13 service fee